Full or Emergency PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID
12 hour (2 day) course valid for 3 years (or 1 day Emergency Paediatric first aid course)
The Paediatric first aid training course (formerly First aid for child carers) is designed for people caring for children and babies in any setting and designed for learners on the OFSTED Compulsory Register, working in an early years setting such as nurseries. It is suitable for au pairs, nannies, childminders, nursery and pre-school workers, sport and leisure staff, crèche leaders, parents and anyone responsible for the welfare of children.
Standard Pricing 2 day course
At our venue – £90.00 (£108.00 Inc. VAT) per person
At your venue – £440.00 (£528.00 Inc. VAT)
Discounted pricing 2 day course
At our venue – £70.00 (£84.00 Inc. VAT) per person
At your venue – £325.00 (£390.00 Inc. VAT) per course
Discount & Contract Pricing
Please refer to your own company”s contracted price. For volunteers, charities and clubs please email for possible discounted rates. NCC information.
Paediatric First aid certificate;
The paediatric first aid training course is recognised by Ofsted and includes the requirements of the appointed person in the workplace. In-line with the 3 Apr 17 statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is HSE compliant under the Health and Safety (First-aid) Regulations 1981. Taught in accordance with current guidelines on adult basic life support published by the Resuscitation Council (UK), and for other aspects of first aid, in accordance with current guidelines published by the Voluntary Aid Societies and other published guidelines that are supported by a responsible body of medical opinion. The training and assessment will be delivered in accordance with currently accepted standards for first-aid practice and follow the skills for health assessment principles for first aid qualifications. This also meets the requirements of your own needs assessment.
Course Content The full PFA course should last for a minimum of 12 hours (excluding breaks)
Day 1 Emergency PFA this course should be undertaken face-to-face
• Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take • Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
• Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
• Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
• Help a baby or child who is choking
• Help a baby or child who is bleeding
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Day 2 full PFA This part may be completed online.
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
• Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
• Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
• Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
• Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
• Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
• Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
• Help a baby or child with an eye injury
• Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
• Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
This course now includes a practical, automated external defibrillator (AED) training session using trainer AEDs.
This will be by ongoing assessment with both theory and practical sessions and confirmation through knowledge checks to ensure all learning outcomes are met to the required standard.
Selected HSE first aiders should physically able to perform the relevant actions and techniques included in the syllabus. For reasonable adjustments for disabilities please contact VTS.
This course requires close contact with other delegates and first aid manikins and contains videos and images of injuries appropriate to the subject.
Current COVID regulations and guidelines of the day will be followed and subject to change.
COURSE DATES (Other locations/venues may be available on request and by demand)